We are here to help employers in our community hire people who are the best fit for their organization. Each Career Connections Nova Scotia Works office has an Employer Engagement Specialist on staff to meet the needs of employers and provide the following services:
- Free job advertising and on our internal job board, Facebook page and website
- Help developing competency based job descriptions
- Recruitment, referrals and selection of potential candidates
- Matching clients’ skills with employer needs
- Employee transition support during closure or layoffs
- Employment maintenance support and retention
- Information on wage subsidy programs
- Coordinate annual job fair
Employment Nova Scotia Funding Incentive Programs
- START Program
The START Program encourages employers to hire Nova Scotians requiring work experience. Financial incentives can be provided to employers with a labour need willing to support ready-to-work Nova Scotians. Incentives will vary depending on the type of employment offered and the skill level of the employee.
- Job Creation Partnership
The Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) is a program designed to support projects that will provide eligible participants with meaningful work experience that will improve their employment prospects. While project activities should benefit both the participant and the community, the focus of JCP is to aid participants in acquiring work experience that will assist them in finding full time employment.
Other Wage Incentives
- Work Smarts
Are you an employer in Atlantic Canada who could benefit from a wage subsidy to hire a recent graduate?
- Graduate to Opportunity
Employers have the opportunity to hire a recent graduate and the Government of Nova Scotia will cover a portion of the salary