Pictou Antigonish Community Technology invite applications in Pictou County for the following position
Access to Technology Assistant (s) – 2 positions
Locations: Pictou & River John and Westville & Stellarton Libraries
Proposed start date: June 26th, 2018
Pay rate: $11/hr 35hrs/wk
Reporting directly to the Community Technology Manager and the Children’s Services Librarian with guidance from the Branch Assistant, all duty requests come directly from these individuals.
Westville / Stellarton position: The Access to Technology Assistant will be working out of the Westville Library 2 days per week, the Stellarton Library 2 days per week and outreach for 1 day a week for an eight-week term.
Pictou / River John position: The Access to Technology Assistant will be working out of the River John Library 2 days per week, the Pictou Library 2 days per week and outreach for 1 day a week for an eight-week term
Experience with 3D printing, scanning, robotics and game application development will be considered an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Implement and conduct technology programs for children and adults
- Available for technical assistance to patrons using computers, tablets and other
- Assist with the Summer Reading Club including registering participants online
- Project duties as requested
- Drafting publicity materials and promoting the Library and Community Access Site
- Collect and compile weekly statistics and submit to both
- Under the age of 30
- Must have attended school in 2018 and be returning to school in the fall
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Working knowledge of computers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Valid Drivers license and ability to provide a drivers abstract
- Ability and willingness to work with children and youth
Cover Letters and Resumes must be submitted no later than June 19th:
Stellarton Library 248 Ford Street Stellarton, NS B0K 1S0
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.