Website Pictou County Regional Enterprise Network
The Pictou County Regional Enterprise Network (PCREN) is adding to its small – but mighty – team! We are seeking an organized, enthusiastic self-starter to join us in an Administrative Support capacity. As the job title suggests, the successful candidate will provide administrative support to the PCREN team, but will also play an important role in several special projects as we work together towards a sustainable and thriving Pictou County.
As a self-starter, you will proactively seek out ways to add value, increase efficiencies and improve the operations of our newly created team. Given the recent establishment of the PCREN, the responsibilities associated with this role are evolving, and you will be able to demonstrate to us that you are a solutions-oriented team player, comfortable working independently or in a group environment. You will be willing to take on responsibilities that will be not only office-based, but will also require interaction with our local business community and government contacts.
This is a full time position, for a contract term of 12 months, commencing September 2019. The role requires exceptional professionalism, people skills, communication skills and organization. It requires the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities. Willingness to learn new skills and participate in training is a must.
- Establish and oversee office procedures and administrative support
- Completing forms and drafting letters
- Organize and maintain electronic files and database systems
- Basic bookkeeping
- Processing immigration paperwork for local employers
- Schedule and confirm appointments, meetings, travel arrangements for special projects
- Support with social media activity
- Compile data, statistics and information for reports
- Liaising with local employers and government contacts to ensure special project goals are met in a timely manner
- Other tasks which will be assigned as special projects evolve
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or Diploma in a related field
- Proven ability to complete tasks before a specified deadline
- Proven ability to work independently and in a group
- Exceptional writing and communication skills are mandatory
- 2-5 years in an administrative support role is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in the field of accounting/bookkeeping is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in the field of immigration is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience and demonstrated expertise with computer application software, such as Word, Excel,
- Must hold Class 5 drivers’ licence and have access to a reliable vehicle for personal transportation, as travel (local and provincial) may be required;
Salary is dependent upon experience.
We invite qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume, in confidence, by 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 21, 2019, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative Support”.
We appreciate all responses, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.