Website Antigonish Community Transit Society
Community transit provider
Antigonish Community Transit Society (ACTS) is a transit service provider serving the town and county of Antigonish and is currently looking for a casual driver.
We offer a bus route open to everyone in the town of Antigonish, providing services weekly from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on a fixed route around the town. We provide services to those with transportation barriers to allow them to be a part of the community and access any services they might need in the town of Antigonish. This service is fully accessible to those with mobility issues.
We also offer a door-to-door Book-A -Ride service for those living in the county of Antigonish. The driver running the B-A-R route makes stops at predetermined locations as booked by clients by 1pm the previous day (or by 1pm on Friday for the following week). Vehicles used for our door-to-door service are also accessible for those with mobility issues.
- Class 4 driver’s license
- Neat, clean appearance
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to do some physical labour
- Clean drivers abstract preferred. Defensive Driver.
- No Criminal record preferred
- Good math, reading and writing skills to be able to deal with ticket sales and filling out route reports
- Ability to think on one’s feet
- Up to date First Aid and CPR Certificate Willing to work flexible hours, some weekends as needed
- ACTS is currently seeking a casual driver to work on both the fixed town route and the Book-A-Ride service.
- The driver should be able to work in a fast-paced environment,
- have good customer service skills and be able to sit for long periods of time.
- A clean driving record would be preferred.
- The driver should be willing to work flexible hours.
How To Apply:Send resume and cover letter to the email address provided
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.