Antigonish Community Transit Society
Antigonish Community Transit Society (ACTS) is a transit service provider serving the town and county of Antigonish.
We offer a bus route in the town of Antigonish, providing services weekly from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. This service is fully accessible to those with mobility issues.
We also off a door-to-door Book-A -Ride service for those living in the county of Antigonish. Book-A-Ride makes stops at predetermined locations as booked by clients by 1pm the previous day (or by 1pm on Friday for the following week). Two of the vehicles used for our door-to-door service are also accessible for those with mobility issues.
- An acceptable level of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with Microsoft office is an asset.
- Class 4 driver’s license required.
- Prior experience in the transportation industry would be an asset.
- The Head Driver/Fleet Manager must be an excellent communicator, must be understanding of persons with special needs and must have a good telephone personality.
- The Head Driver/Fleet Manager must have knowledge of vehicle mechanics.
- Must be an excellent multi-tasker, very detailed oriented, calm in stressful situations and patient with other staff and clients.
- A criminal record check and vulnerable sectors check are required for this position.
- As Head Driver, you will work on both the fixed town route and the Book-A-Ride service.
- As a driver you should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have good customer service skills and be able to sit for long periods of time.
- The driver must have a Class 4 license, up to date First Aid Certificate, Criminal record checks, child abuse registry checks and appropriate driver and safety training.
- In addition, the role of ACTS Head Driver/Fleet Manager shall include the following tasks: ·
- Fleet management;
- Ensure all vehicles are being maintained to meet safety/inspection requirements.
- Schedule routine maintenance for all vehicles.
- Ensure dispatch is made aware of these appointments so schedules can be adapted accordingly.
- Perform simple maintenance that can be done on site to manage/ lessen our repair costs.
- Ensure an inventory of supplies such as windshield wash, brushes, scrapers, and cleaning supplies are always on hand. ·
- Ensure mandatory operational paperwork such as driver driving logs, daily vehicle inspection sheets, fuel logs, etc are being completed as required and submitted by each driver in a timely manner and filed at the ACTS office accordingly. ·
- Provide instructions to drivers and train new drivers in the operation of various types of vehicles as well as the mandatory paperwork required. ·
- Ensure that all vehicles are cleaned and kept maintained by drivers on a regular basis. ·
- Ensure all ACTS bus stop signage is up to date and visible and schedules are located at each stop. ·
- Document in writing and submit to the General Manager any issues that may arise as related to the responsibilities as Head Driver/Fleet Manager. ·
- The Head Driver/Fleet Manager will assume the role of Chair of the Operations Committee, which also includes the Dispatcher and General Manger.
- The Chair will ensure monthly meetings are scheduled to address any issues related to ACTS operations.
How To Apply:If interested please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop-off to our office located at 133 Church Street, Unit 3, Antigonish. (Office is located at the front of the Antigonish Market Square Mall between the two main entrances).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.