Website Antigonish Community Transit Society
Antigonish Community Transit Society (ACTS) is a transit service provider serving the town and county of Antigonish.
We offer a bus route in the town of Antigonish, providing services weekly from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. This service is fully accessible to those with mobility issues.
We also offer a door-to-door Book-A -Ride service for those living in the county of Antigonish.
ACTS is currently seeking a Dispatcher/Office Clerk.
- · To receive telephone calls and emails from clients and schedule clients as requested or suggest alternate days and times. This requires quick response time to ensure that the clients get booked the same day for Book-A-Ride service and within 24 hours for email group bookings. ·
- To organize daily transportation logs for drivers and to dispatch appropriate vehicles and drivers to meet service requirements. ·
- Ensure that the daily transportation logs are accurate with price, locations etc. ·
- To provide information regarding ACTSs services to potential clients that call or email for information. In consultation with the Manager mail or email out information to potential clients. ·
- To provide quotations for group trips after approval of the General Manager. ·
- To receive drivers forms and revenues, and to reconcile these with the dispatch database. Provide reconciliation of forms and revenues to the General Manager for input into Sage. ·
- To assist drivers whenever emergency situations are encountered, by coaching/ advising them on procedures, by contacting emergency services, by contacting clients or by rescheduling clients if necessary. ·
- To maintain dispatch database software and any other records on clients served, services provided, and revenues generated. ·
- To receive information regarding any supplies, maintenance and repairs that are required on all vehicles. ·
- Track and maintain a schedule for vehicle inspections, tire replacements, wheel pulls, and other vehicle maintenance records and working with the head driver, ensure that all repairs and inspections are completed in a timely manner and as cost efficient as possible. ·
- Follow up with accounts receivables. ·
- Other office duties as defined by the General Manager.
- An acceptable level of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with Microsoft office required, especially Excel.
- Driver’s license required. Class 4 driver’s license an asset but not required.
- Prior experience in the transportation industry would be an asset.
- A criminal record check and vulnerable sectors check are required for this position.
- The Dispatcher/Office Clerk must be an excellent communicator, must be understanding of persons with special needs and must have a good telephone personality.
- The Dispatcher/ Office Clerk must also have excellent, quick, and accurate computer skills.
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanics would be an asset.
- Must be an excellent multi-tasker, very detailed oriented, calm in stressful situations and patient with other staff and clients.
How To Apply:By submitted resume and cover letter to the email address provided
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.