The Automotive Service Installer works in a fast-paced Automotive Service Centre environment. Key responsibilities include oil and lube service, tire installation, tire rotation and balancing and light vehicle maintenance and repairs. Communication skills and a good, working knowledge of most automobiles and light trucks are essential to succeed in this position. The Service Installer builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation.
|Responsibilities and Tasks|
· Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
· Performs customer vehicle maintenance and repairs, as requested.
· Shares ideas and suggestions to improve the customer experience in the Automotive Service Centre.
· Draws attention to additional work required on customer’s vehicle.
· Assists in explaining procedures and repairs and any additional required maintenance work to customers, in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
· Liaises with Service Manager/Service Advisors/Licensed Automobile Technicians and Back Parts Window Associate in order to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work and that all commitments are achieved.
· Provides accurate estimates and written vehicle reports for all work performed. Performs tasks in compliance with industry flat rate time allowances.
· Provides quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards.
· Ensures that an unsafe vehicle is reported to management and vehicle owner.
· Ensures vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
· Retains used parts for the customer on request.
· Performs lube, oil and filter changes.
· Removes, installs, rotates and balances tires.
· Performs minor repairs, maintenance, inspections and basic tune ups that do not require the presence of a Licensed Automobile Technician.
· Services transmission.
· Maintains neatness/cleanliness of bays through regular inspections.
· Maintains company and personally-owned equipment and tools, as required.
· Is respectful of all shop tools and equipment.
· Participates in meetings and all training as required and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
· Complies with company, store and Automotive Service Centre policies.
· Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
· Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
· Completes other tasks, as required.
· Knowledge of current automobile technology.
· Valid driver’s licence for province of employment.
· Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire Automotive Service Centre, is considered an asset.
· Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
· Good working knowledge of CoStar is considered an asset.
· Basic math skills.
|Required Skills and Abilities|
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies:
· Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
· Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
· Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
· Results-oriented individual who completes tasks according to instructions and demonstrates responsibility for outcomes.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
· Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
· Aptitude for building and maintaining interpersonal relations, both with customers and coworkers.
· Ability to plan and organize daily tasks.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
|Potential Career Opportunities|
· Next levels: Apprenticeship Program, Licensed Automotive Technician, Service Advisor and Service Manager.
· Other automotive opportunities in a large network of more than 485 Canadian Tire Automotive Service Centres across the country.
· Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited and Canadian Tire Financial Services).
|Physical Demands and Working Conditions|
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
· Standing/walking for 8 hours.
· Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
· Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift. Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
· Going up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
· Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.