We provide mentoring programs to children and youth
Job Title: Mentoring Coordinator
Employer: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Pictou County in New Glasgow, NS
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Pictou County is a volunteer organization that provides mentoring focused programs for children and youth in school and communities throughout Pictou and Antigonish counties. We believe every young person should have the opportunity to reach their full potential through mentoring.
We believe that changing the course of young lives through mentoring, it will in turn change the course of a community’s future, that it will empower children and youth who are facing adversity to do well in school, go on to be successful in life.
The Mentoring Coordinator will report directly to the Program Manager. This individual will be responsible for providing guidance and support for mentoring programs, by establishing and maintaining strong internal and external relationships and ensuring sound and innovative program practices. They will be responsible for providing match support to ensure safety and positive impacts for young people.
These duties will be consistent with the Organizational and Delivery Standards as set by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada in conjunction with local policies.
- Recruitment, orientation, interview and training of clients and volunteer mentors;
- Continually assess and support the match relationship in accordance with National Standards and Agency Policy during life of match including closures to ensure match safety, relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction;
- Identify, address and resolve barriers to strengthen the match relationship and be able to coach mentors around barriers experienced by young people with complex needs;
- Effectively utilize outcomes measurements and match support tools to assess match impact on child and youth development;
- Liaise and navigate with school personnel or other collaborative partners;
- Seek out and share potential collaborations with supervisor to achieve program goals and objectives;
- Possess a strength-based approach in building connections;
- Ensure quality services and measurable outcomes, maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to National Standards and agency policy and utilize technology to report, synthesize and input data;
- Ensure client and volunteer records are maintained in accordance with agency policy and National Standards;
- Effectively works with team when requested on fundraisers as well as agency activities;
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Post-secondary school diploma must be human service based;
- Experience in working with programs or services designed for the social needs of individuals;
- Experience working with children and youth facing adversity;
- Experience and strong knowledge of databases and all Microsoft programs including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
- Experience in precise documentation;
- Must present professionally and possess good judgement, tact, enthusiasm be personable, approachable and discreet;
- Successful completion a vulnerable sector/police clearance, and three references;
- Reliable vehicle with minimum of $1,000,000 liability and valid driver’s license
- Willingness to work flexible hours and locations.
Work With Us
Do you want to work for one of the top youths serving organizations? Do you like a high energy, exciting job where you are in a position to make a difference in the lives of children and youth?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Pictou County offers a competitive salary, health benefits and RRSP matching
We are in equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.