Website Riverview Home
Riverview Home Corporation
Riverview Home Corporation is a non-profit corporation providing care and support to individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, as well as long term mental illness. Riverview Home Corporation is seeking Casual Cooks.
Casual Cook is required to cook & serve the main meal to residents & staff at meal time. Also responsible for preparing meals for special diets, making homemade soup, sauces and gravy as required. Cooks are expected to complete various other tasks which include but are not limited to prep work & completing a daily cleaning schedule. Pay rate is comparable to other long term care facilities in the area.
- Copy of Grade 12 or GED certificate is required.
- Training will be provided to successful candidates during the probationary period.
- Core Competencies such as WHMIS & a valid Food Safety Training course are considered assets.
- Experience working in the dietary department in a hospital or long-term care facility an asset.
- Experience working with persons who have diverse abilities, severe and persistent mental illness, and past work experience in residential settings would be an asset.
- Prospective employees need to be flexible and able to work days, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability and punctuality including working on short notice.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with staff in additional departments throughout the building.
- Must be able to educate, work with and supervise residents who work in the dietary department.
- Assist with the orientation of replacement staff and students.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and judgement skills.
- Criminal record check will be required.
Only those candidates to be considered will be notified.
Please direct applications that include a resume with cover letter to:
24 Riverview Lane
Stellarton, Nova Scotia
How To Apply:Email or Mail
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.