Website Maritime Odd Fellows Home
Casual – Environmental / Dietary
The Maritime Odd Fellows Home is a 47 Bed Long Term Care Facility located in the town of Pictou, overlooking picturesque Pictou Harbour. The Odd Fellows Home has a long history providing quality care to our valued Residents and is in need of part time Casual Dietary / Environmental Worker to join our care team.
The Environmental Worker’s role performs cleaning activities within established guidelines and assigned areas to provide clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the Residents, employees, and public. The worker promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odours. She/he may be required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to visible blood contamination or reasonably anticipated blood or stool contamination. The housekeeper must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids.
The Dietary Worker’s role also plays an important role in distribution of meals and nourishments in a safe, sanitary way following established routines with a high standard to meet both Resident and Odd Fellows Home expectations. Working collaboratively as a member of the team by respecting and acknowledging the roles of all those within the Home and contributing to safe, competent and ethical care, the Dietary / Environmental Worker supports Resident-centred care that responds appropriately to the physiological, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Experience with housekeeping and/or nursing home work preferred.
- Must have knowledge and practice sanitary and safety measures needed to work in a commercial kitchen.
- Successful completion of a Safe Food Handlers Course (renewed every 5 years).
- Knowledge of special diets, such as diabetic, high fibre, and puree.
- A satisfactory combination of education, training, experience, or abilities in a related field may be considered.
- Laundry experience considered an asset
- Ability to follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to cooperate with other employees.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Economical use of supplies, care and use of equipment.
- Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities with little supervision.
- Resident Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Time Management
Salary: as per contract
Union Status: CUPE
Competition: E-2020- 1119-1
Start Date: ASAP
Submit your resume to:
Maritime Odd Fellows Home
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.