Main St. Cafe
The Main St. Café is looking to grow and expand their team with a new Head Chef. We are known for our authentic fresh cuisine every time. our team has a vision to grow into a strong brand with multiple locations. The successful candidate will have creative freedom and will establish the restaurant to be a must eat location within the Northern region of Nova Scotia. Located in a small town with big possibilities, our restaurant is searching for their next creative culinary lead.
The successful candidate will demonstrate creativity and knowledge in the following areas:
- Previous experience as Chef with excellent leadership skills and attention to detail
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication
- Up to date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Strong computer skills
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate considered an asset
You will be responsible for leading the culinary team to new heights while reporting to the ownership team.
- Planning and directing food preparation emphasising on Authenticity & Freshness!
- Constructing menus ensuring variety, freshness and ‘eye appealing’ presentation.
- Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer. Every time!
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour cost
- Schedule and supervise kitchen staff’s activities
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and manage kitchen staff
- Rectify problems or complaints exceeding Customer expectations
- Give prepared plates the “final touch”
- Administrative duties like Ordering, Food Cost and Performance Analysis
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Keep time and payroll records
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
This position will remain open until the perfect Chef is hired.
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.