Website Riverview Home
Riverview Home Corporation
Client Services – Casual Resident Counselor
Riverview Home Corporation is a non-profit corporation providing care and support to individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, as well as long term mental illness. Riverview Home Corporation is seeking Casual Resident Counselors.
Resident Counselors provide holistic care for the physical, mental, and spiritual health of the residents. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides resident care in their specific living environment in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of Riverview Home Corporation.
Riverview Home Corporation is taking on a new venture and will be working with children and youth. The youth will have an intellectual disability and may display behavioral issues at times. This is an exciting new initiative for our organization.
• Grade 12 is required. Human Services Diploma is preferred.
• Core Competencies such as Standard CPR/First Aid, Mandt, Non Aversive Behavior Management, Medication Awareness, Fire and Life Safety, Individual Program Planning, Basic Principles of Personal Care are considered assets.
• Experience with persons who have intellectual disabilities, severe and persistent mental illness, and past work experience in residential settings would be an asset.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Prospective employees need to be flexible and able to work days, evenings, weekends, nights and holidays.
• Must be able to demonstrate reliability and punctuality.
• Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and judgment skills.
• Lift and transferring residents is an expectation of this position.
• Assist residents in such areas as communication, life skills, personal care, positive strategies in expressing emotions, program planning, goal setting and community access.
• $18.65 hourly – $18.97 hourly after probation period
• $1.75 per hour shift and weekend premiums
• 4% vacation plus 5% in lieu of other benefits
Only those candidates to be considered will be notified. Training will be provided for the successful candidates.
Please direct applications that include a resume with cover letter to:
Human Resources Riverview Home Corporation
24 Riverview Lane
Stellarton, Nova Scotia
Fax – 902-755-3207
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.