Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company is a well‐established growing insurance company that has been serving Nova Scotia policyholders since 1910. A Mutual is owned by its policyholders. Our focus is on protecting the interest of our policyholders, by offering insurance coverage and options that are tailored to life in Nova Scotia. Operating locally gives us the flexibility to adapt to change and make decisions quickly. It also means that the majority of earned premium dollars stay right here in Nova Scotia. Not many insurance companies can say that.
Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company is actively seeking an Agent in the Antigonish / Guysborough area.
Reporting to the Agency Manager, this Agent will be responsible for all sales duties, from generating leads to closing sales. You will work closely with clients to determine their needs, answer their questions and recommend the right solutions. As a successful sales agent you will stay up‐to‐date with product features and benefits, achieve excellent customer service and consistently meet company goals.
• Present, promote and sell Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual products to existing and prospective clients
• Establish, develop and maintain positive business and client relationships
• Achieve the company’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
• Actively seek out clients through referrals and networking
• Underwrite risks in compliance with underwriting guidelines and be knowledgeable of policy wordings
• Maintain current awareness of market and trends
• Have strong visible ties to the community
• Be a high achieving business builder
• Completion of a degree or post‐secondary studies in a related field (Business, Finance, Insurance, Accounting, Economics)
• General Insurance License required (or obtained within 2 month)
• Experience in the Insurance Industry would be an asset
• CIP or CAIB designation or completion within a prescribed time frame
• Excellent skills in communication (verbal/written), organization, time management, client service, decision making and problem solving
• Comfortable with technology and the use of IT Systems and Microsoft Office
• Drivers licence, and own your own car, as visiting clients in their homes will be required
• A generous compensation package including above average commissions
• Flexible schedule
• Opportunity to work with a local growing company that is forward thinking
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual Insurance
Company, please send your resume in confidence to Hope Bryden, FCIP, Agency Manager, by February
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.