Website United Way of Pictou County
The Communications Assistant will assist with the development of a communications plan for our annual fundraising ,campaign,new community projects (such as a Day of Caring. Backpack for Kids, Vital Signs), updating of our website and social media sites, and producing impact videos to share with donors and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be currently enrolled in a Business Administration , Commerce, Public Relations, or Marketing program .
• Good verbal & written communication skills
• Event planning and organization skills
• Knowledge of marketing principals
• Research and analytical skills, ability to compile, manage, and interpret data
• Ability to work independently and ina team envirolllllent
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
As per our funding agreement with Employment and Social Development Canada, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
• was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
• intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year·;
• is a student in a secondary,post-secondary , CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
• is a Canadian Citizen, pennanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred tmder the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
• is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Salary:$11 per hour·for 30 hours per week for 8 weeks. Anticipated start date is June 25 , 2018.
Deadline for application : Friday, May 11, 2018
To Apply :Please send cover letter and resume to:
Jessica Smith. Executive Director
United Way of Pictou County
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.