Canadian Red Cross
The Canadian Red Cross, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians as well as the vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a full-time summer student for the position of Community Education & Promotions Officer.
- Promotion of all Red Cross programs offered within the community.
- Assist with Philanthropy initiatives including Walmart and KENT Campaigns.
- Education and awareness presentations to community groups and summer camps inclusive of all Red Cross programs and services such as Disaster Management, Community Health, Prevention and Safety and bearing a responsibility for the local PFD (personal floatation device) Loan Program.
- Assist with various aspects of the Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP)
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
- Completion of a high school diploma and some post secondary education is considered an asset.
- Strong aptitude for detailed work and accuracy.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office are required.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Professionalism and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and build positive internal and external relationships.
- Quick learner who enjoys working on various projects.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
- A satisfactory vulnerable sector check and driver’s abstract and license is required for specified locations of work.
- Full-time student of past school year and returning full-time in the fall.
- Various learning and networking opportunities as well as building of professional skills;
- Positive and professional work environment;
- Learning and development opportunities if supporting an emergency response;
- Opportunity to make a difference.
HOW TO APPLY:.
If you are interested in making a difference and being part of a global humanitarian movement, please submit your cover letter and resume no later than May 31st 2018 via the mail/email to:
Service Centre Coordinator
Canadian Red Cross
36 Market Street Unit 2
Antigonish | Nova Scotia | Canada | B2G 3B4
Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond only to those we wish to interview.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.