Website Data Guide Technologies
DataGuide Technologies Inc.
Customer Service Role – Level One Technician
Full-Time Permanent Position
Location: 236 Foord St., Unit #1, Stellarton NS B0K 1S0
Our team at DataGuide Technologies Inc. specializes in managed services IT, backup & disaster recovery, corporate firewall and endpoint solutions, website design and development, domain name and hosting services, printing and design services, consulting services, computer and peripheral repair and training.
As an Apple Authorized Service Provider, we have certified Mac Technician’s (ACMT) and iOS Technician’s (ACIT) that can offer repair services for many of Apple’s products. We are also an Apple Authorized Accessories Reseller.
We are a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider, a Google Suite Administrator, partner with Xerox, Lenovo and some of the largest suppliers in North America. We help customers manage their network, the integration of technologies and the deployment of IT infrastructure in a corporate environment.
• Answer phone calls, checking voicemail, emails, website bookings, greet customers upon entry.
• Keeping shop clean, daily vacuuming, wiping windowsills, keeping counter space clean.
• Inventory management and ordering stock for in-store inventory.
• Low level management of social media accounts, Facebook (posting sales, or deals), using Point-of-Sale system (ACE POS).
• Assisting clients at the service desk by signing in client units and recommending related services.
• Engage with customers for in-shop sales, perform customer facing diagnostics for Apple inquiries and assist with printing jobs via USB stick or email.
• Level 1 computer repair, such as format and reinstalls, malware clean-up, refurbishing units. Work with Level 2 for more difficult repairs.
• Contact customers for pickup of devices.
• Checking client backups and automated tasks
• Track repairs in a ticketing system, close tickets when complete, or assign to another person for follow-up or assistance.
• Attend weekly meetings and report to CEO.
• If not already acquired, must write IT exams before probation period has ended. Probation period extends 6 months.
• Excellent English written and oral skills required
• Computer knowledge: POS system, Google G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Windows, email and the Internet
• Confident in making decisions, able to work independently
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Time management skills, able to prioritize, capable of working under pressure
• Experience in Apple devices and related accessories preferred
• High school completion required
• College diploma or technical program an asset
• Undergraduate degree an asset
• Be certified or the ability to become certified and maintain product qualifications (with minimal training) in Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) and Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) and CompTIA A+ Certifications.
• CompTIA A+ certification an asset
• 2+ years Apple or PC repair experience preferred
• 2+ years customer service experience required
• Must be able to identify key components of a computer, or other peripherals
How To Apply:
Please email your Cover Letter & Resume clearly reflecting how you fit this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is funded by The START program.
The START program encourages employers to hire unemployed Nova Scotians requiring work experience resulting in good jobs for Nova Scotians and good employees for employers. You must be eligible under the START guideline to apply.
You may be eligible for START if:
• You are unemployed;
• You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident legally entitled to work in Canada and are a Nova Scotia resident; or
• You are an international graduate who meets eligibility requirements.
For eligibility information on START program visit: https://novascotia.ca/employmentnovascotia/programs/start.asp
How To Apply:By email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.