Website Riverview Home
Riverview Home Corporation
Dietary Services/Environmental Services
Riverview Home Corporation is a non-profit corporation providing care and support to individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, as well as long term mental illness. Riverview Home Corporation is seeking Dietary Aides/ General Workers.
General Workers provide support to the residents at meal time in the dining room. General workers cater to the dietary needs of the residents as well as serve and supervise the residents at meal time. General workers who achieve the expected goals when training may be given the opportunity to work additional shifts in in the Environmental Services Department which involves working in the laundry or as a housekeeper in the resident’s specific living environment in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of Riverview Home Corporation. Pay rate is comparable to other long term care facilities in the area.
- Copy of Grade 12 or GED certificate is required.
- Experience working in a residential kitchen is preferred.
- Training will be provided to successful candidates during the probationary period.
- Core Competencies such as WHMIS & a valid Food Safety Training course are considered assets.
- Experience working in the dietary department in a hospital or a long term care facility an asset.
- Experience with persons who have intellectual disabilities, severe and persistent mental illness, and past work experience in residential settings would be an asset.
- Prospective employees need to be flexible and able to work days, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability and punctuality including working on short notice.
- Must be able to educate, work with and supervise residents who work in the dietary department and to assist with the orientation of replacement staff and students.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with staff in other departments.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and judgement skills.
- Criminal record check will be required.
Only those candidates to be considered will be notified. Training will be provided for the successful candidates. Please direct applications that include a resume with cover letter to:
24 Riverview Lane
Stellarton, Nova Scotia
How To Apply:Email or Mail
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.