Website MacGregors Industrial Group
Position in Organization and Reporting Relationship
The draftsman will create, review and work from technical drawings and reports directly to the Estimation Dept. Manager.
Priority objectives for the drafting technician are:
- Develop and prepare drawings, plans or diagrams as required.
- Assist the Fabrication / Machine Shop with requested shop drawings/sketches to maintain a continuous flow on the production floor.
- Operation of computer-aided design (CAD) equipment.
- To achieve the sales and gross profit targets as defined by the annual Sales Budget/Forecast
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
Specific roles and responsibilities for the drafting technician are:
- Review document packages and produce drawing sets as required.
- Assist the Estimation Department by reviewing drawing packages and creating material pick sheets and material estimates.
- Continually develop and improve the drafting and drawing review process.
- Assist the project manager and fabricators during projects with revised drawings and a full comprehension of project drawings.
Expectations for the drafting technician are:
- The ability to communicate and work with engineers, architects, tradesperson and clients.
- Immediately inform the Estimation Manager on any concerns or possible technical issues noted during the drafting or drawing review process.
- Develop productive working relationships with other key personnel.
- Available to work 40+ hours per week.
- Continually maintain and develop technical knowledge in order to perform effectively and adapt to changes in the workplace.
Key Skills, Capabilities and Experience
Key skills, capabilities and abilities for the drafting technician are:
- The ability to operate computer-aided design (CAD) and drafting work stations.
- General knowledge of quality metals and other materials used in the manufacturing and construction process’s.
- General knowledge of metal suppliers and the ability to attain estimates from these suppliers for the materials list generated during the drawing review process.
- General knowledge of local metal workers and the ability to attain estimates for services that will expedite the estimation process. This may include rolling, laser and plasma cutting of materials.
Hours & Benefits
40 hours per week with medical benefits, dental benefits, group insurance benefits, safety footwear allowance, pension plan and vision care benefits. MacGregor’s offers flexible vacation scheduling as well as 10 paid holidays per year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates with the required skills and experience will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.