Website YMCA of Pictou County
Title: Early Childhood Educator
Reports to: Supervisor, After School
Position Status: Term/ Part Time 17.5 hours per week
Start Date: September 2018
Program Location: YMCA of Pictou County, Afterschool Program
Bonus: Single Membership to the YMCA
The YMCA of Pictou County is looking for a dynamic self-starter to join our team as an Early Childhood Educator. At the YMCA of Pictou County, we know the value of being healthy and active, of bringing people together, and social and physical activity within a community.
The YMCA Experience
At the YMCA we know that our ability to partner with others in our community is through the passion and dedication of our employees and volunteers. In joining the YMCA, you will become part of a dedicated network of individuals with great passion for providing a holistic support to the communities in which we serve.
This job might be for you if:
You’re good at/you have:
- Meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of children ages 5 to 12 years.
- Ensure that children are supervised at all times, and that the children are involved in safe and appropriate activities.
- Ensures open, ongoing communication between parents/guardians of children and staff members/volunteers.
- Actively participate in Association initiatives involving campaigns, fundraising programs and other educational and promotional initiatives.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding issues with staff/volunteers and program participants.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of, and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of the YMCA.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Certification.
- A current criminal reference and child abuse registry check must be provided.
- Experience working with Children ages 3 months to 5 year of ages.
- Level 1, 2, or 3 in Early Childhood Education a must.
Note: Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and proof of valid First Aid and CPR training. Employees will be required to attend YMCA Child Protection Training.
Please email your cover letter and resume in one document to Samantha MacDonald, Afterschool Supervisor, YMCA of Pictou County via email: Samantha.MacDonald@pcymca.ca by Friday, August 17, 2018. We look forward to hearing from you. The YMCA of Pictou County is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to Samantha.MacDonald@pcymca.ca.