Website YMCA Pictou County
Early Childhood Educator, YMCA Child Care Centre
Title: Early Childhood Educator
Reports to: Director of Child Care
Position Status: Full Time with Benefits and Family Membership
Salary: $13.00 – $19.00 Depending on Level of Training
Start Date: March 2020
Office Location: YMCA of Pictou County
The YMCA of Pictou County is looking for a dynamic self-starter to join our team at our new Child Care Centre location as an Early Childhood Educator. At the YMCA of Pictou County, we know the value of being healthy and active, of bringing people together, and social and physical activity within a community.
The YMCA Experience
The YMCA provides employees with meaningful jobs and opportunities to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our community. In joining the YMCA, you will become part of a dedicated network of individuals with great passion for providing a holistic support to the communities in which we serve.
The contribution of our staff in the delivery of child-centered programs is at the core of our success in supporting children and families in Pictou County. We are committed to providing staff with the opportunity to further develop the knowledge and skills that will assist them in enhancing the experience of children and families.
As a full-time staff you will be provided with health and wellness benefits and access to YMCA health, aquatics, youth, and children’s programming and spaces.
- Meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of children ages 3 months to 5 years old.
- Ensure that children are supervised at all times, and that the children are involved in safe and appropriate activities.
- Ensure open, ongoing communication between parents/guardians of children and staff members/volunteers.
- Participate in YMCA initiatives involving campaigns, fundraising programs and other educational and promotional initiatives.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding issues with staff/ volunteers and program participants.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of, and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of the YMCA.
- Level 1, 2, 3 in Early Childhood Education (required).
- A current Standard First Aid and CPR Certification.
- A current criminal reference and child abuse registry check.
- Experience working with Children ages 3 months to 5 years old.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and proof of valid First Aid and CPR training. Employees will be required to attend YMCA Child Protection Training.
Please email your cover letter and resume in one document to Sam MacDonald at Samantha.MacDonald@pcymca.ca. We look forward to hearing from you! The YMCA of Pictou County is an equal opportunity employer
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to Samantha.MacDonald@pcymca.ca.