Website MacGregor’s Industrial Group
For more than 35 years, MacGregors Industrial Group has been a leading provider of machining and metal fabrication solutions to the manufacturing, energy, mining, forestry and construction industries. Our goal is to add value and build trust with our clients.Located in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, our markets reach throughout North America and into export markets.
The opportunity: Fabrication Project Estimator
Continued growth and expansion have resulted in the need for a full-time estimator for MacGregors Fabrication Division. The Estimator will prepare cost estimates by analysing requests for proposals and requirements based on requests from clients and MacGregors sales team. The Estimator reports directly to the Estimation Manager.
Job Title: Estimator – Fabrication Division
Employer: MacGregor’s Industrial Group
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering requests for proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Whenever possible receive multiple quotes for purchased items and subcontracts. This will ensure our best possible prices are being submitted.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Manage multiple bids.
- Revise estimates and implement required changes after reviews with Management.
- Coordinate with subcontractors to receive input on pricing on labour, materials and other costs.
- Participate pre and post bid meetings as required.
- Complete sight visits.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Conducts the estimating work in accordance with the MacGregors established Estimating procedures.
- Look for continuous improvement opportunities.
Key Skills, Capabilities and Experience
- Good understanding of the Metal Fabrication processes and off-site installations.
- Able to work under pressure to a specific timeline.
- Strong communication skills will be required to regularly liaise with both customers and colleagues.
- Work together as part of a team.
- Great attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and any other relevant industry software.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in metal fabrication estimating.
- Structural Engineering would be an asset.
Hours & Benefits: 40+ hours per week with medical benefits, dental benefits, group insurance benefits, safety footwear allowance, pension plan and vision care benefits. MacGregor’s offers flexible vacation scheduling as well as 10 paid holidays per year.
Wages: Salaried position. Salary TBD based on skill and ability.
How to Apply
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates with the required skills and experience will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.