Reporting directly to the Human Resources Supervisor at our Stellarton location, the HR Assistant enhances the effectiveness of the Human Resources Department and the management team by providing professional, multi-skilled and effective administrative support. The HR Assistant is responsible for managing information and documentation within the HR Department by compiling, verifying, recording and processing forms and documents, such as applications, contracts, payroll forms, and requisitions in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and schedules. They will be the first line of contact with internal and external staff, may be required to set up interviews, and any other duties assigned by the Human Resource Supervisor.
The HR Assistant is a team player who excels at planning, organizing, and delivering the tasks at hand and who assists the Human Resource Department in achieving its objectives in accordance with Zenabis policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide confidential support regarding HR activities
- Assist with compensation and benefit program administration
- Producing information buy inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Ensuring document control procedures are followed and information is current and accessible
- Preparing correspondence, reports, presentations, and managing appointment/meeting schedules
- Setting up interviews, conducting Reference checks
- Maintaining and protecting operations by keeping information confidential
- Organizing meetings including sending meeting planners, booking meeting space, organizing catering
- Recording and distributing minutes of meetings
- Assisting the department with special projects as they develop from time to time
- Other duties as assigned by Human Resource Supervisor
- College degree in Office Administration or related experience
- Some experience working in an HR department
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time managements skills
- Ability to learn new technology
- Proven document and information management skills
- Strong ability to adapt to change
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion; sensitivity to confidential matters is required
- Professional demeanor, a positive attitude and customer focused approach
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Security Clearance: Security Clearance may be required for this position.
Working Hours: Full-Time, Monday through Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Physical Requirements: None
To apply for this job please visit zenabis.applytojob.com.