Nova Scotia Health Authority
Immediate Need for COVID-19 Workers (RN, LPN, CTA/CCA, Emergency Support Aide, Site Screener, Clerical, Unit Aide, and Utility Worker)
Location: Various sites and community based locations throughout Nova Scotia Health
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Department: COVID-19 related service areas
Type of Employment: Casual relief (No guarantee of hours)
Union Status: Based on bargaining unit and constituent union
The purpose of this posting is to hire candidates to staff the COVID-19 related service areas across the province which are focused on COVID-19 testing and screening.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Care Team Assistant/Continuing Care Assistant (CTA/CCA)
- Emergency Support Aide (ESA) – Responsible for swabbing under the guidance and direction of a licensed health care professional
- Site Screener – Responsible for providing directions including asking screening questions at site entrances for appropriate purpose and destination within the site
- Unit Aide – Responsible for ordering, stocking, and/or maintaining all supplies and equipment to meet the needs of patients within their designated work area and to provide indirect and direct support for patient care
- Utility Worker (Housekeeping)
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- License and registration with the appropriate licensing body for RN and LPN
- Completion of a CCA program and certification as a CCA for CTA/CCA
- Completion of high school or equivalent for ESA, Site Screener, Unit Aide, and Utility Worker
- Completion of recognized secretarial/office administration/business program or one year of recent, related experience for Clerical/Administrative
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Commitment to high-quality care and patient safety
Please ensure your resume/application is sent to recruitment.services-GN@nshealth.ca and includes all relevant education, experience, training and certifications and:
- Legal name
- Mailing address
- Copy of study/work permit (if applicable)
- Location preference (see below chart)
- Opportunity preference (RN, LPN, CTA/CCA, ESA, Site Screener, Clerical, Unit Aide, and Utility Worker)
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with respective Nova Scotia Health collective agreements and terms and conditions of employment.
Hours of Work
Casual Relief (No guarantee of hours) and shifts may include days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Various sites and community based locations throughout Nova Scotia Health. Applicants are asked to specify their preferences in their resume/application from the below options:
Cape Breton County
Successful applicants will be assigned work area(s) in accordance with the collective agreement.
Once You’ve Applied
Thank you for your interest. A Recruiter will reach out to you if your qualifications and skills match these opportunities.
How To Apply:email
To apply for this job please visit nshealth.ca.