Website NS Works Pictou County
Information Resource Specialist/Case Manager
- Patience, maturity and good listening skills are important
- Knowledge of local community resources and businesses
- Must be open-minded, flexible and thrive on a teamwork approach
- Strong computer knowledge (MS Word, Excel, Internet) and computer troubleshooting experience essential
- Proficient editing and grammar skills as well as excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree or a Human Services Diploma, Post-secondary education in a related field, or equivalent is an asset.
- Familiar with employment and career-related resource materials and websites
Position Duties Include:
- Greeting and assisting clients in accessing the resources of the Nova Scotia Works Employment Services Centre
- Determine employment assistance required
- Advising clients in the area of résumé and cover letter writing, interview skills, and work search strategies
- Referring clients to other programs and services in our community, as well as providing local, provincial, and federal labour market information
This position is a temporary fulltime position (35 hours per week) until March 31st, 2021
Career Connections is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of the diverse population we serve. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily in their application if they are; a woman, an Aboriginal Person, African Nova Scotian a Person with a Disability, Francophone or a member of a visible minority group.
Deadline for résumés is 1pm January 24th, 2020
Résumés may be submitted via email to:
Heather MacIsaac, Operations Manager
Nova Scotia Works/Career Connections
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.