Inside Sales Support Assistant
Are you passionate about helping our customers experience growth and making a difference?
If so, our environment will allow you to grow, be supported by peers who inspire you and make you smile when you walk in the door. Metro Guide is searching for an enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing Inside Sales Support Assistant to join our growing team. The position offers an opportunity to become involved in a broad range of industry sectors and work with many community partners.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sales team support by qualifying, updating and maintaining a large inventory of client accounts while researching, analyzing and documenting advertising market opportunities for specific sectors through an ongoing review of active media. In addition, managing a stable of small accounts across multiple magazines will be integral to the position.
Where are we located?
Our Halifax office is in a vibrant and thriving location and only two blocks from the Hydrostone, an area with green space and close to shops and transit.
Who are we and what do we do?
At Metro Guide, a division of Advocate Printing and Publishing Company, we are committed to enhancing our economy and communities through better communication. To make this world a better place for ourselves, and our children, we pursue economic growth, social progress and environment protection in a sustainable manner and support various organizations through funding and participation.
How does a publishing and print company from a small Maritime town become a major force in the Atlantic Canadian communications industry and a hands down favorite with clients?
Roots • Work Ethic • Ability • Diversity • Desire
What does this mean for you?
For you, that means an opportunity to join our family and enjoy benefits that work, some of which are, flexible work / life balance, health and pension plans, and participating in exciting community events.
- Problem solver
- Customer Service oriented
- Passionate about Atlantic Canada
- Web savvy communicator
- Superior organizational skills
- Creative thinker with goal-oriented attitude to achieve results personally and through others
- Familiar with the local business climate, and enthusiastic in promoting ‘Buy Local’
- IT software fluency In Microsoft office suite and CRM systems are essential
- Previous research and data entry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Work collaboratively with Advocate Media team members identifying revenue development opportunities and special print and digital promotions
- Committed to positive business results
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A recent community college diploma, university degree or equivalent working experience
In addition to the Halifax location, Advocate produces nine community newspapers, it has a flyer distribution company, a commercial photography studio, a creative design studio and printing plants in Stellarton, NS; Bridgewater, NS; Dieppe, NB and St. Croix Printing and Publishing in St. Stephen, NB.
All applications will be gratefully accepted however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Send your complete resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.