Local company requires an Inventory Control Person with a strong background in a fast-moving inventory control environment. The successful candidate will maintain records of materials in inventory and on order. Monitors reorder points and initiates action to replenish stock. Reconciles discrepancies in inventories and notifies supervisor of irregularities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; processes purchasing orders as required; tracks orders and investigates problems.
- Performs physical count of inventory and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis.
- Receives and unpacks goods; re-stocks items as necessary; labels shelves.
- Processes and documents returns as required following established procedures.
- Performs routine clerical duties, including data entry and answering telephones.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of inventory control with a low to medium volume of active SKUs.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to work with little supervision and to be able to take initiative to improve stock keeping techniques.
- Solid knowledge in shipping and receiving.
- Working knowledge of MS office, in particular Excel
- Working knowledge of shipping and receiving domestically and internationally using all modes of transport.
- At least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
This is a full time, hourly position (40 hrs/week). Wage will be commensurate with experience and ability.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter explaining how your qualifications and skills match the position and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line as “Inventory Control Person”
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.