In search of a childcare provider (part time) from September 2019- April 2020
Live in OR Live out options available
A Single parent of and 8-year-old boy and 5-year-old girl, is seeking childcare provider for the upcoming university year. The position is part time, which would allow for the right candidate to have time to focus on academic work.. Live in options does provide furnished accommodations and meals in exchange for childcare. Two weekends per month are expected, although there is room for negotiation.
Wage: Live out Wage $20/hour
Hours: School days: 6:45am – 7:45am and 4:30pm – 7:30pm
Weekends: 7:30am – 8:30am and 4:30pm – 8:30pm
*If a scheduled class interferes with work hours on occasion, there is some flexibility in the schedule to accommodate.
- Preparation of breakfast and supper
- Kitchen clean up
- Child supervision
- Transportation to and from extra curricular activities (vehicle provided)
- Running small errands
- Providing consistent morning and evening routines for the children, which includes, getting ready for school, eating meals, bath time, general cleanup, quiet time, and bed time.
- Using basic discipline techniques based upon simple consequences as needed
- Building trusting relationships with the children is very important and so is HAVING FUN!!
The home is a four-bedroom bungalow located approximately a twenty minute walk from campus. The fully furnished basement bedroom is large, has an attached private bathroom and mini fridge. All utilities and internet included with the position as well. There is ample parking space. Breakfast (grab & go) and supper (the family meal) are included. It is important to note this is an alcohol and drug free home.
- Experience working with young children
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
- An open and flexible attitude
- An interest in being part of a family is helpful
- 2 professional references or volunteer reference
- Criminal record check
- Drivers license and insurable
If interested or for more information, please contact Claire MacDonell at 902-318-5290 (by text or phone) or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply:call or email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.