We at Kelly Services are looking for recent graduates of Machining or Mechanical Engineering Technology programs to work with our client Pratt & Whitney Canada on a short term 4-6 month contract in Enfield, NS that could be extended into a permanent position with Pratt & Whitney Canada! As the successful candidate, you will be required to work 12-hour rotating shifts. You have great attention to detail, enjoy completing repetitive tasks, and have the skill set listed below. You will be welcomed into a safe, clean and respectful environment where teamwork is encouraged. We would also be interested in speaking with current students in these programs entering your second year to work part-time (evenings and weekends).
You will be mentored by seasoned professionals in the Aerospace field on how to machine complex magnesium, titanium and aluminum aircraft engine cases. Your responsibilities will include utilizing both CNC lathe and milling machining methods to meet the demands of a 24/7 production schedule.
- Schedule & hours: Rotating 12-hour shifts; days, nights and weekends
- Location: Enfield, NS
- Duration: 4-6 months
- Start date: July 2019
- Starting wage: $22.00/hour for Apprentice, $25.00-27.00/hour for Red Seal
- 4% vacation pay
- Health & Dental Benefits coverage available, starting on your first day!
- 2-year degree or diploma in an engineering discipline with CNC machining exposure; Machining or Mechanical Engineering Technology programs
- Knowledge and experience with CNC machining, and manual machining
- Knowledge of computer application basics
- Knowledge and understanding of technical drawing literacy (GD&T)
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Personal, reliable, transportation
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Favourable Credit Check
- CSA safety footwear – steel toe shoes
Why Kelly Services?
- Great working environments! The ability to work with some of the globe’s leading companies
- Above minimum wage starting salary plus 4% vacation pay
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Resume and interview coaching. We’ll help you improve your employment opportunities!
- Flexible work opportunities! Short term or long term! We’ll work with you to help you find the right fit!
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resume will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions at www.kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry-level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals, and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
How To Apply:online
To apply for this job please visit ca.livejobs.recruitadvantage.com.