Website Crombie REIT
Maintenance/ Janitorial Position
Location: New Glasgow
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Crombie REIT Operations team in the role of Maintenance/Janitorial Worker based out of the Highland Square Mall. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this job contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by representing the organization with respect to the efficient and effective maintenance and service of the Highland Square Mall in New Glasgow and surrounding properties. Service oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, under general supervision, this role is responsible for a variety of routine and non-routine, semi-skilled maintenance duties.
- Assist with all day-to-day operations, service and maintenance of the property.
- Removal of snow and ice from sidewalks, doorways and canopies using shovels, snow blowers and / or small tractor. Salting of walkways and parking areas as required.
- Lawn cutting and landscape maintenance using gas trimmer, rake, push mower and ride on mower. Plant, water and tend to flowers, shrubs and beds. Rake and bag leaves.
- Litter pick parking lots daily
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers; collect and dispose of tenants refuse.
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings; clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures;
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs;
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as interior and exterior painting; cold patching holes in the parking areas; vacuuming; assembling and take down of seasonal décor; clearing roof drains and catch basins as required; monitoring building systems; pressure washing; cleaning maintenance equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service, address tenant concerns and work with tenants and members of the public in a positive and respectful manner.
- Understand the importance of safety in the workplace / follow all health and safety procedures.
- Works well alone or as a member of a team and with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicate issues to the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Monitor contractors to ensure duties are performed properly and communicate issues to Maintenance Supervisor for resolution.
- Meets with contractors for service calls; provides supervised access to mechanical rooms if required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years of maintenance related experience and knowledge of building operations is considered an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Clear criminal record check.
Start date: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Maintenance Worker (Highland Square)
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.