Website Crombie REIT
Casual Maintenance/ Janitorial Position
Location: New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Crombie REIT Operations team in the role of Maintenance/Janitorial Worker. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this job contributes to Crombie REIT’s success by representing the organization with respect to the efficient and effective maintenance and service of the Highland Square Shopping Center in New Glasgow and associated Pictou County properties. Service oriented and acting with a sense of urgency, under general supervision, this role is responsible for a variety of routine and non-routine, semi-skilled maintenance duties.
- Day-to-day operations, service and maintenance of the property.
- Anticipates and responds to all operational issues, as well as, short and long term organizational and tenant needs.
- Ensures excellent tenant relations by providing excellent service through knowledge, practice, and exceptional customer service.
- Works effectively and cooperatively as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicates relevant issues to the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Monitors contractors to ensure duties are performed as per contracts; communicates issues to Maintenance Supervisor for resolution.
- Meets with contractors for service calls; provides supervised access to mechanical rooms if required.
- Ensures all property meets federal, provincial and municipal codes, health and safety standards.
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings; clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures; plant, water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens; sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs; empty trash cans and other waste containers; collect and dispose of tenants refuse.
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair; clean snow and ice from walkways, parking areas and canopies; salting walkways and parking areas as required; cold patching holes in the parking areas; raking leaves; cutting and trimming lawns; vacuuming; assembling and take down of seasonal décor; clearing roof drains and catch basins as required; litter picking; monitoring building systems; pressure washing; exterior painting; cleaning maintenance equipment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years of maintenance related experience and knowledge of building operations is considered an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Clear criminal record check.
Hours of Work:
Casual hours ranging from 24-40 hours per week.
Start date: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Maintenance Worker (New Glasgow)
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.