At Maritime Inn Antigonish, our mission is simple, “Work speaks better than Words.
We are looking for a person good with words, and better with work.
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing repairs and preventative maintenance work to ensure all facilities and amenities are in good working order and meet Hotel standards.
The duties of the Maintenance Worker include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with preventative maintenance including completing Guestroom Preventative Maintenance Checklist, minor repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs and patching vinyl, painting etc to maintain Hotel and keep property quality to standard.
- Apply preparatory materials, paints, and stains to surfaces of walls, ceilings, equipment, and furniture. Prepare and apply appropriate materials to signage and irregular surfaces such as parking lots. Apply protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer, and/or other related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, equipment, and other structures.
- Maintain the exterior of the hotel including cleaning all areas of debris, tripping hazards, snow removal and landscaping.
- Check electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems and make minor repairs and/or replacements as needed.
- Perform maintenance to electronic locks, telephone systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks.
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guestrooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows, and counters.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Steam clean floors, carpets and windows, once a month.
- Help put away orders.
- Help set up Meeting Rooms for events.
- Help Housekeeping with small chores.
- Keep Basement, outside Shed and shop organized and clean.
- Follow all company and job-specific safety policies and report any accident and/or hazard immediately.
- Maintain an up-to-date emergency plan.
- Inspect fire protection systems in accordance with hotel procedures and manufacturers’ recommendations. Maintain copies of all fire inspection reports, both from insurers and fire marshals.
- Complete and keep current evacuation plans for guests and employees.
- Maintain written emergency procedures for fire, power failure, water and gas line ruptures, and severe weather conditions.
- Accompany inspectors, insurance representatives, the local fire marshal, or other officials on inspections of the property.
- Maintain a list of primary contractors used in all phases of original hotel construction (plumber, electrician, etc.), as well as those used for any subsequent renovations or repairs.
- Coordinate and control the activities of contractors and enforce safe work practices.
- Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files.
- Undertake special projects and other duties as assigned by Management.
- Help establish and maintain ‘Good Maintenance Practices’ for Rooms, Buildings, Equipments and Safety Procedures.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
High school diploma, 1-3 years building maintenance experience required, hotel environment preferred. Painting and plastering experience necessary. Previous trade (electrical and/or plumbing) experience an asset. Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License. Excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent customer service skills. Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, safety awareness information, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent organizational skills. Able to write routine reports, keep logs, and correspondence. Ability to work independently and as a team. Long periods of time spent standing, with frequent bending Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
Attention to detail will be huge!
Job Type: Part-time Schedule: Monday to Friday and Weekends. 15-20 hours a week, but call ins may occur
Pay $ 20/hour for the deserving candidate.
Experience: building maintenance: 1-year (Preferred) Location: Maritime Inn, Antigonish,
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.