Website Advocate Media / Metro Guide Publishing
Advocate Media / Metro Guide Publishing
Full-Time Term Contract
(Maternity Leave Coverage) – Pictou, NS
Join a culture of communities, as we continue to grow
Are you passionate about helping our customers experience growth and making a difference?
If so, our environment will allow you to grow, be supported by peers who inspire you and make you smile when you walk in the door. Metro Guide is searching for an enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing Marketing Coordinator to join our growing team.
Who are we and what do we do?
At Advocate Media and Metro Guide, a division of Advocate Printing and Publishing Company, we are committed to enhancing our economy and communities through better communication. To make this world a better place for ourselves, and our children, we pursue economic growth, social progress and environment protection in a sustainable manner and support various organizations through funding and participation.
How does a publishing and print company from a small Maritime town become a major force in the Atlantic Canadian communications industry and a hands down favorite with clients?
Roots • Work Ethic • Ability • Diversity • Desire
What does this mean for you?
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for executing the strategic plan for both Metro Guide Publishing and Advocate Media Inc. Also supporting social media for all publications with sales and editorial teams on digital and social strategy.
- Promote the image and vision of our products to assist in illustrating our purpose, driving readership and supporting sales
- Work closely with circulation administrators to prepare, execute, and measure success of the circulation and marketing plans
- Conceptualize, colaborate and write branded advertising campaigns, contesting and other technical content
- Prepare and analyze marketing reports by collecting and summarizing data
- Analyze and monitor weekly and monthly circulation reports
- Write, execute, and deploy print and email marketing campaigns, in coordination with production team
- Coordinate with print marketing to keep corporate involved in activities
- Consider new ways to further develop websites to enhance sales and readership online
- Manage, update, and enhance print subscription portals on publication websites to increase circulation
- Enhance and implement SEO best practices on all media websites
- Write and implement web content as related to marketing and sales campaigns, assisting editorial etc.
- Review web analytics on an ongoing basis and generate reports regarding site traffic, ensure reports are delivered to media management team and edit staff
- Review, generate, monitor and distribute digital sales reports regarding site traffic, specifically related to online advertising
- Support editorial staff in best practices of digital publications and platforms
- Support sales staff in best practices for digital advertising
- Provide support and guidance to editorial team on social media trends and best practices – tailor support for each publication, its primary market and content
- Stay up to date on social media trends, particularly relating to print and news media
- Manage select social media channels by keeping them active and dynamic
- Work with senior media management team to coordinate media campaigns on corporate social media channels
- Support sales staff by providing market trends, particularly for digital advertising and sales
- Work with production to ensure digital ad inventory is up to date and available to sales team
- Maintain schedule of sales programs and events to ensure alignment with corporate vision
- Coordinate requirements with other departments and keep an inventory of stock for all promotional swag materials
- Assist in the development and execution of events
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field and/or previous experience in marketing role
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including print, digital social and email marketing
- Competency and experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), social media analytics and Google Analytics
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite
- Flexibility and willingness to work-from-home and/or in office setting
All applications will be gratefully accepted however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Send your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.