Website MacGregors Industrial Group
Mechanical Engineering Technologist (CAD Operator)
For more than 35 years, MacGregors Industrial Group has been a leading provider of machining and metal fabrication solutions to the manufacturing, energy, mining, forestry and construction industries. Our goal is to add value and build trust with our clients.
Located in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, our markets reach throughout North America and into export markets.
The Opportunity: CAD Operator
Continued growth and expansion have resulted in the need for a full-time Drafting Technician for MacGregors Industrial Group. The CAD Operator will design, create, review and work from technical drawings and will report directly to the Estimation Dept. Manager
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
Specific Roles and Responsibilities for the position are:
- Provide 2D and 3D drafting and design support to the Engineering Department for Capital and Non-Capital projects.
- Collect field measurements and create drawings for upcoming projects.
- Create equipment layout drawings and equipment designs during the planning of a new piece of equipment/replacing existing equipment for client and engineer reviews.
- Review document packages and produce drawing sets as required.
- Assist the Estimation Department by reviewing drawing packages and creating material pick sheets and material estimates.
- Continually develop and improve the drafting and drawing review process.
- Assist the Project Managers and Fabricators/Machinist during projects with mark-up, revised, as built drawings.
- Manage and store electronic and paper drawing files.
Expectations for the position are:
- The ability to communicate and work with engineers, architects, tradesperson and clients.
- Immediately inform the Estimation Manager on any concerns or possible technical issues noted during the drafting or drawing review process.
- Develop productive working relationships with other key personnel.
- Work offsite without direct supervision.
- Available to work 40+ hours per week.
- Continually maintain and develop technical knowledge in order to perform effectively and adapt to changes in the workplace.
- Work 40+ hours per week.
Key Skills, Capabilities and Experience
Key Skills, Capabilities and Experience for the position are:
- Certified Engineering Technician (C. Tech), Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.), graduate from NSCC Mechanical Drafting program, or other Mechanical Engineering CAD related training/background.
- 5+ years’ experience would be considered an asset, although not required.
- The ability to work in both the Imperial and Metric systems.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D drafting, use of SolidWorks software an asset
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- General knowledge of quality metals and other materials used in the manufacturing and construction processes.
- General knowledge of metal suppliers and the ability to attain estimates from these suppliers for the materials list generated during the drawing review process.
- General knowledge of local metal workers and the ability to attain estimates for services that will expedite the estimation process. This may include rolling, laser and plasma cutting of materials.
Hours & Benefits
40+ hours per week with medical benefits, dental benefits, group insurance benefits, safety footwear allowance, pension plan and vision care benefits. MacGregor’s offers flexible vacation scheduling as well as 10 paid holidays per year.
Salaried position. Salary TBD based on skill and ability.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates with the required skills and experience will be contacted.
MacGregor’s business versatility can be viewed at www.macgregors.ca
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.