Website Mental Health Innovations Inc (NS) / Peer Support NS Program
Province: Nova Scotia
Positions: Peer Supporter – Peer Support Coordinator
- 0.5 FTE St. Martha’s Regional Hospital – Antigonish, NS
- 0.5 FTE Colchester East Hants Health Centre – Truro, NS
- 0.5 FTE Nova Scotia Hospital, Mount Hope Acute Care – Dartmouth, NS
- 0.5 FTE Nova Scotia Hospital, Withdrawal Management – Dartmouth, NS
Peer Support Nova Scotia provides social support services to persons receiving mental health care through the NSHA and supports transition to community-based peer support. Mental Health Innovations (N.S.) is the contracted service provider of this program.
The Peer Supporter – Peer Support Coordinator Position:
These positions work primarily onsite at NSHA locations in the inpatient units. The position is dual tasked:
– Work directly as a Peer Supporter; and
– Develop relationships with community-based organizations.
Peer Support Nova Scotia is committed to offering services that are inclusive for all equity groups. Applications are encouraged from persons with disabilities, Aboriginal people, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons. Self-identification is voluntary, and may be made in the cover letter, on the resume or in a separate email.
The incumbent will be required to travel independently, both locally and occasionally within the province. The incumbent must be regularly available for work Monday through Friday as well as be available, as a condition of employment, for both scheduled and unscheduled weekends, evenings.
1. Please submit cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Cover letters need to clearly outline how you meet the requirements and to which position you are applying.
3. Applications are first screened and assessed for suitability and requirements.
4. Suitable candidates will then be invited to participate in a formal interview process. Applicants must be available for an interview as scheduled.
5. Once decisions are made, successful applicants will receive job offers and not selected candidates will receive a notification.
Deadline to apply: Dec 27, 2020 at 11:59pm
- Successful candidates must have: personal lived experience with mental health and/or addiction challenges;
- have been in a positive state of recovery for an extended period of time;
- have experience with the mental health system, and a minimum Grade 12 education.
- Applicants should have: a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a peer supporter;
- experience developing working relationships with community organizations, and dependable computer skills.
- Having taken Peer Support Nova Scotia Peer Support Training and possessing the PSACC Peer Supporter Certification will be considered assets.
- Location Specific Requirements: 0.5 FTE Colchester East Hants Health Centre – Truro, NS: This is a temporary 6-month contract with the possibility of extension. 0.5 FTE Nova Scotia Hospital, Withdrawal Management – Dartmouth, NS: Candidate must have lived experience with addiction(s) to support the recovery journey of their peers and assist in the navigation of mental health and addiction services in the Nova Scotia Hospital.
- Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- (1) Providing peer support services to peers/patients receiving inpatient mental health services from NSHA;
- (2) Continuing peer support during transition to community/home with a focus on exploring, and coordinating a connection with, community-based peer support services;
- (3) Actively networking and developing working relationships with community-based organizations to gain current knowledge of services offered and be better prepared to support the matching of peers with community peer support services; and
- (4) Assisting the Program Manager to identify opportunities for enhancement/development of community-based peer support services and determining how to overcome challenges that impact the accessibility of community-based peer support.
How To Apply:Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.