Website J.D Irving
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking candidates for Millwright at the Truro Sawmill:
- Trade Certification as a licensed Industrial Mechanic Welding Certification is an asset.
- 2-5 years of experience in maintenance in an industrial environment
- Sawmill experience is desirable.
- Experience working with stationary equipment used in some type of production process.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is committed to working safe, while focused on improving production and maintaining quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficiency in hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting is required.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment
- Machine troubleshooting, repair, assembly, preventative maintenance
- Reading blue print and sketches proficiently to fabricate equipment and make modifications
- Repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online at: