Website Mulgrave Road Theatre
Professional Theatre Company
Mulgrave Road Theatre (MRT) seeks a post-secondary student to lead the advancement of a progressive Digital Strategy as the organization enters a transformational period and continues to meet its mandate of producing and developing professional works of theatre and fostering artistic and cultural experiences for its community.
MRT’s Digital Strategy is built around leveraging digital technologies to strengthen the organization financially; supporting a creative facility and community hub; reaching new audiences; building collaborative partnerships; and opening up exciting and innovative programming possibilities.
Start/End Date: September 8 – December 18
Payment: $18/hour, 35 hours/week for 15 weeks.
This position is partially funded through the ICTC WIL Digital program and is dependent on MRT’s successful application.
Candidate should have the ability to work remotely.
- In this role, you will report to Senior Staff (Artistic Director and Administrator) and be responsible for: Leading digital readiness initiatives and implementing data best practices across all areas of the company
- Collecting, organizing, entering and cleaning existing data from multiple sources into one or more spreadsheets to be shared with other staff members, then keep data updated
- Researching, recommending, selecting and implementing digital tools to create capacity by saving time and bringing more resources to bear. This may include donor management tools; ticketing software; prospect database and developing sound digital policies for data handling, banking, privacy and security
- Building digital administrative capacity, including policies and processes, staff capacity, high speed connection, software, data collection
- Developing and maintaining digital marketing activities, including website, social media, analytics, SEO and content
- Identifying funding and collaboration opportunities available to the sector, including Canada Council Digital Strategy Fund projects
- Digital marketing experience; including hands-on experience in web, social media, email and content marketing
- Must have experience with the complete Google Suite
- Good understanding of Linked Data (JSON-LD), structured data, open data and knowledge graphs Expertise in sound data privacy and security practices, including CASL compliance
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven success in collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Passionate about Canadian performing arts, the creation of new work, cultural expression and community engagement
Student Eligibility Criteria:
- Registered full-time or part-time in a publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institution in Arts, Humanities, Social Science, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or Business Program
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, including specific province legislation and regulations
How To Apply:firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.