Website Tribus Services
New Glasgow, NS, CA
Tribus Services has an immediate opening for the position of Office Assistant at our New Glasgow, NS location. This position will support our Digital Electric Meter project with Nova Scotia Power. We are replacing analog type electric meters with new digital meters. This project has an estimated completion date of 11/2020.
Performs a variety of administrative, clerical, and basic accounting functions to support and maintain the day to day operations of the project. This position provides customer service to employees, customers and candidates, either in person or on the telephone. In addition, the Office Assistant plans daily work assignments, stages materials, receives stores, distributes and tracks the materials, tools, equipment and products used on the project.
- Collects all daily production and payroll information, i.e., hours worked, meter reads/installs, kilometer usage reports and enters information for all hourly employees. Calculates overtime, runs reports and reviews payroll data for accuracy
- Provides administrative support to Project Manager, Supervisors and Leads by creating correspondence, documents, memos, and emails using Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prepares and distributes needed equipment and supplies for each individual work day.
- Verifies incoming and outgoing materials//stock.
- Counts and records (performs data entry) amounts of received stock into the inventory software system. Records the number of items distributed.
- Prepares batteries for shipment back to utilities or for proper disposal.
- Reports specific inventory count to Project Supervisor on a regular basis.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Maintains monthly invoicing reporting.
- Runs production reports and creates spreadsheets showing field performance and other related information as requested by the project manager and/or supervisors.
- Insures the transmission and timely delivery of correspondence, faxes, mail and deliveries.
- Develops office procedures to insure supplies and equipment are accessible and operational; tracks inventory and orders supplies.
- Arranges and implements events, conferences and meetings as directed.
- High School Diploma or GED. Computer Data entry skills. Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Previous experience working in fast paced environment with changing priorities is a plus.
- Ability to read, write, follow and complete written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to learn and implement new software. Strong customer service skills are required.
- Ability to use a keyboard and computer screen to enter data.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Apply here now!
How To Apply:Online
To apply for this job please visit tribusservices.com.