Website East Coast Catering Ltd
Offshore Catering Positions Nova Scotia
East Coast Catering / Mi’kma’ki Domiculture
Mi’Kma’ki Domiculture are recruiting for the following Offshore Catering and Housekeeping positions in the province of Nova Scotia:
- Chief Steward/Camp Boss
- Galley Stewards/Kitchen Helpers
- Accommodations Stewards/Housekeeping Attendants/Laundry Attendants
- The work will be on a rotational basis of 21 days on / 21 days off.
- Transportation to and from the offshore facility is done by helicopter.
- Offshore work can be very rewarding: wages are typically above market compared to other similar employment, there is typically equal time off, and you have the opportunity to work with very motivated, competent, and skilled people.
- Workers are expected to stay at the work facility for their entire 21-day work rotation, which can mean missing important holidays, birthdays, family events, etc.
- 6+/- months left of the contract
- Our goal is to always succession our employees into other positions both on & offshore within the company at the contract’s end. However, there is also a number of other operators offshore Nova Scotia (and abroad) that candidates can move onto such as seismic vessels, supply vessels, coast guard, etc..
- Pay is $257.38 Daily all-inclusive for these particular positions + option of participating in a group insurance plan (medical/dental etc..) and company pension plan.
- We currently require Galley stewards and Accommodation Stewards, no trade and or education required however must have past experience in similar roles.
- A lot of these entry-level positions provide the opportunity for candidates to move up in positions such as assistant cooks, head cooks, and Camp Managers where the wages tend to significantly increase.
- We would require candidates to be ready to go through training and start work offshore immediately.
- Outside of the BST/H2S, ECC covers the cost of all other training requirements and covers the cost of all training recertifications at the time of expiry.
- We have and can pay for the training upfront on behalf of the successful candidates and clawback through payroll deduction however those who obtain these certs on their own have first priority over those who do not.
Employment will be conditional upon being deemed medically fit for offshore work, passage of drug and alcohol screening, and completion of the following training:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- Workplace Hazardous Information System (WHMIS)
- and other internal training modules
Priority for hiring will be given to residents of the province of Nova Scotia.
We encourage applications from members of the Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq community as well as members of other traditionally under-represented groups.
Job Type: Contract
- High school or equivalent
- foodservice or housekeeping: Minimum 2 year
Interested candidates can send resume’s to Tim Perry Tim.Perry@compass-canada.com
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to Tim.Perry@compass-canada.com.