Website Pictou-Antigonish Regional Library
Public library region serving Pictou & Antigonish Counties
Under the supervision of the Web Services Manager, the Web Services Assistant assists with the overall development and maintenance of Regional Library controlled web services, including community websites and digital archives. This position also works in close cooperation with systems staff of the Regional Library.
- Typical duties of this position include (percentage estimates are approximate): Community Websites (50% of weekly duties):
- Assists with the development and maintenance of Regional Library supported community websites.
- Works closely with municipal staff and community members during the development period of a website, and provides content management training and ongoing support.
- Monitors websites supported by the Regional Library and recommends corrections, updates, and changes as required.
- With systems staff monitors web hosting and troubleshoots problems.
- PARL Web Services (30% of weekly duties): Assists the Web Services Manager in maintaining and updating Regional Library website content.
- Assists in the design and creation of promotional materials and other graphic elements (print and digital), and social media content.
- Remains current in the latest trends and technologies relating to web development and digital services, specifically software used by the Regional Library.
- NovaStory.ca (15% of weekly duties): Assists with the development of the NovaStory digital archive, working closely with the Web Services Manager, Heritage Clerk, and community partners.
- Assists with the digitization of materials using flatbed and 3D scanning, photography, audio/video recording and editing, and other methods.
- Other duties as required (5% of weekly duties)
- Experience & Assets: Proven aptitude for web technology and design.
- Demonstrated ability to work with standard web applications in the Adobe product family and content management systems such as Joomla.
- Experience with Bootstrap framework considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Other requirements: Possesses a valid Driver’s License.
How To Apply:By email, fax, or in person at Library Headquarters. Please submit applications no later than October 4, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.