Website Advocate Printing & Publishing
Advocate Printing & Publishing is the largest privately-owned printing and publishing company in Atlantic Canada. Our customers’ success makes our business successful. The Advocate family values and understands that people really do make a difference.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Pieceworker to join our team. The successful candidate will perform a variety of operations consisting of sorting, gathering printed materials, counting for accuracy, strapping bundles, inserting and collating printed materials, with speed and accuracy. Pieceworkers may also package bundled materials into various boxes, bins and crates for shipment.
- Perform various handwork operations inserting printed materials.
- Pick-up printed materials.
- Collate flyers and inserts.
- Count inserts and flyers for accuracy.
- Gather printed material from crated bins.
- Identify, select and lift strapped bundles into correct boxes and bins for transportation.
- Adhere to company quality standards, job procedures and processes as trained.
- Must learn and comply with all safety training to ensure safety of self and co-workers.
- Must Identify safety hazards and report all safety incidents no matter how minor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must display effective communication skills with team members and others.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of printed material.
- Ability to read and comprehend printed and verbal training instructions.
- Accuracy collating flyer inserts.
- Counting of printed materials is required.
- Must meet piecework quota standards as determined by client requirements and the Manager of Shipping & Receiving.
- Must be able to sort different client orders into the correct client boxes and bins.
- Work requirements include standing, bending, lifting, crouching and twisting.
- Ability to safely perform all job requirements within Company Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Casual/Varied Hours and Shifts based on business requirements.
- Must be able to work shift work and overtime when required, including weekends.
Applicants email your resume to: email@example.com
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.