Website Eastern Sign Print
Production Assistant – Full Time
Eastern Sign Print – Stellarton, NS
Join a culture of communities
We are recruiting a full-time Production Assistant at our Eastern Sign Print location, who enjoys working within a team and has skills and qualities that make a difference.
Who are we and what do we do?
At Advocate, we are committed to enhancing our economy and communities through better communication. To make this world a better place for ourselves, and our children, we pursue economic growth, social progress and environment protection in a sustainable manner and support various organizations through funding and participation.
How does a print and publishing company from a small Maritime town become a major force in the Atlantic Canadian communications industry and a hands down favorite with clients?
Roots • Work Ethic • Ability • Diversity • Desire
What does this mean for you?
For you, that means an opportunity to join our family and enjoy benefits that work, some of which are, flexible work / life balance, health and pension plans.
• Provide production assistance for job orders as required
• Enter job order information into job order system as required
• As trained, operate Wide Format UV Printer, roll-to-roll printers, laminators, summa cutter, CNC cutting table and other signage equipment
• Assist the Operator to perform cutting, taping and grommet for signage products as required
• Perform and complete packaging and shipping requirements within deadlines
• Attend installation of products on client sites as required
• Assist operator when completing preventative and regular maintenance of all equipment; flushing, cleaning print heads, running operational testing and other maintenance duties as required
• Prior to production must ensure quality of all products meets customer specifications
• Safely transport production supplies by operating fork-lifts and pallet jacks as required
• Participate in department meetings to identify and improve production and delivery of products
• Must learn and comply with all safety training
• Must wear personal protective equipment
• Must report and help prevent all safety incidents no matter how minor
• Must ensure safety of self and help co-workers
• Must complete maintenance and other duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements
• Completion of community college program and/or equivalent working experience
• Production experience working with signage production is ideal but not required
• Good computer skills working with MS Office
• Excellent attention to detail and can work with technical signage specifications
• Must work varied shifts, and extended hours
• Must work within health and safety requirements and wear personal protective equipment
• Must wear steel toed safety shoes
• Ability to accurately read measurements and use measuring tools
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
• Very good team player with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Willing to learn and retain new processes, procedures and technical information
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills as well as a high degree of attention to technical details
• Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds and work standing on production floors
Interested applicants send your resume in confidence to: email@example.com
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.