Website Pictou County Regional Enterprise Network
The Pictou County Regional Enterprise Network (PCREN) is adding to its small – but mighty – team! We are seeking an organized, enthusiastic self-starter to join us in a PROJECT COORDINATOR capacity. The successful candidate will be someone who will thrive in an ever-changing environment, but also understand the importance of bringing structure and organization to the many exciting projects underway at the PCREN.
As a self-starter, you will proactively seek out ways to add value, increase efficiencies and improve the operations of our newly created team. Given the recent establishment of the PCREN, the responsibilities associated with this role are evolving, and you will be able to demonstrate to us that you are a solutions-oriented team player, comfortable working independently or in a group environment. You will be willing to take on responsibilities that will be not only office-based, but will also require interaction with our local business community and government contacts. While some components of the role will be administrative in nature, the successful candidate will also be responsible to lead special projects, including a unique immigration project which involves working with local employers and several international partners. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help us shape not only this role, but the community and partnership building efforts of the PCREN.
This is a full time position, commencing immediately. The role requires exceptional professionalism, people skills, communication skills and organization. It requires the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities. Willingness to learn new skills and participate in training is a must. We offer a competitive salary and a flexible working environment.
- Liaising with local employers and government contacts to ensure special project goals are met in a timely manner
- Providing oversight and direct employer supports related to special immigration project
- Building knowledge of national best practices in workplace diversity and employee retention in rural communities
- Establish and oversee office procedures and administrative support
- Compile data, statistics and information for reports
- Organize and maintain electronic files and database systems
- Basic bookkeeping
- Support with social media activity and communications
- Processing immigration paperwork for local employers
- Schedule and confirm appointments, meetings, travel arrangements for special projects
- Other tasks which will be assigned as special projects evolve
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or Diploma in a related field
- Proven ability to complete tasks before a specified deadline
- Proven ability to work independently and in a group
- Exceptional writing and communication skills are mandatory
- 2-5 years’ experience in an office environment is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in the field of accounting/bookkeeping is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in the field of immigration is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience and demonstrated expertise with computer application software, such as Word, Excel,
- Must hold Class 5 drivers’ licence and have access to a reliable vehicle for personal transportation, as travel (local and provincial) may be required;
We invite qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume, in confidence, by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, October 24, 2019, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Coordinator”.
We appreciate all responses, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job please visit pcren.ca.