Integrated Staffing Limited
Working with our well established client with locations throughout Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Integrated Staffing Limited is happy to be working with this proudly local building supply company in their search for a Project Desk Associate in Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Management Team, the Project Desk Associate will deliver a high standard of sales and customer service along with pricing and cost estimating to customers/contractors for all their project/building needs including houses, garages, decks, additions etc.
Additional requirements will include:
- Responsible for building material sales to customers/contractors;
- Responsible for preparing material estimates based on blueprints, customer documents, customer invoices, and various other tasks;
- Recommend products and alternative options and design improvements to customers and contractors;
- Develop and maintain knowledge of products, product resources, and government regulations;
- Continuously learn the advantages and disadvantages of particular systems and products within the scope of the project;
- Ordering product for building projects while practicing prudent inventory control;
- Work co-operatively with team members to contribute to the overall success of the business; and
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
This position will be suited for someone who has parts/service desk experience or someone who has construction / building experience such as a Construction Labourer, Contractor, Contractor Sales, Project Sales, Construction Manager or similar. The ideal candidate should also have:
- Knowledge of construction, building materials industry and products;
- Knowledge of building materials cost estimating;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Math skills required;
- Computer experience required – Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Be adaptable, organized, efficient and committed and have a commitment to quality and an eye for detail;
- Be committed to providing exceptional customer service; and
- Able to work a variety of shifts – including days, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays on a rotational basis; and
- Retail experience in a similar position would be an asset.
WHAT IS BEING OFFERED:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus commission;
- Full benefits including RRSP matching; and
- Generous staff discounts.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be