Jane Norman College
Jane Norman College (Truro) is looking for a Pyramid Model Coach to help build the capacity of early childhood educators and child care centres to support young children’s social emotional and behavioural competency by working with Province-Wide Leadership Teams (“PLT”) in Nova Scotia pre-primary programs in the Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education.
Through the implementation of the Pyramid Model, a framework for promoting social and (http://challengingbehavior.cbcs.usf.edu/about/index.html National Centre for Pyramid Model Innovations), emotional development in young children, the Pyramid Model Coach uses evidence-based practices, to provide professional development and program coaching to build the capacity of early childhood educators to develop and deliver programs to support young children’s social emotional and behavioural competency. The Pyramid Model Coach will be part of the Nova Scotia Pyramid Model Project (cooperative venture between the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development and Early Years Support Sites) and as such will receive training and support while fulfilling the role.
Coaching definition: Coaching is an interactive process based on a collaborative relationship. It is intentionally designed to promote sustainable growth in attitudes, skills and knowledge to effectively implement best practices for optimal development of young children and their families. Through observation, discussion, reflection and collaborative planning the coach promotes the early childhood educator’s abilities to grow toward their identified goals.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements:
- a degree or diploma in Early Childhood Studies or related field
- minimum of five (5) years of recent occupational experience in the early childhood field that provided opportunity to gain knowledge and expertise in child development and developmentally appropriate practices
- experience in delivery of adult education professional development, training, coaching or mentoring programs
- knowledge/experience using observational assessment tools (e.g. Early Childhood Rating Scales, SpeciaLink Early Childhood Inclusion Quality Scale)
- excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- advanced technology skills including use of applications such as Word and Excel
- strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- clear Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Abuse Register checks
- valid First Aid Certification
- valid driver’s license and continuous access to reliable transportation
- multilingualism an asset
- support Program-Wide Leadership Teams (PLT) with program-wide implementation by attending meetings and assist in the collection of and use of data to support informed decision-making
- provide professional development to early childhood educators at the implementation sites and other staff as required on Pyramid Model implementation and practices
- provide guidance to support the development of internal coaches on practice-based coaching during planned expansion of the model within a Pyramid Model site
- provide guidance and support to the PLT’s data coordinator in collecting and preparing data for making decisions at PLT meetings
- build relationships and establish an environment to promote a culture of using Pyramid Model practices
- collaborate in the development and support of a Provincial Pyramid Model Coaching Team
- provide information (e.g., data, information, documentation and feedback) to the Provincial Leadership Team as required
- participate in reflective practice and professional development related to coaching and pyramid model practices
- participate in and provide information to the research and program evaluation teams as required to support the province-side implementation of the Program Model
- identify resources and supports in accordance with individual coaching plans
- maintain confidentiality in all contexts
- perform other duties as assigned.
- attend Pyramid Model professional development and training events (e.g. PM Modules, Coaching, observation tools) and maintain an on-going commitment to lifelong learning
- regularly attend community events and meetings with community partners
- maintain weekly communication with implementation sites (including in-person, verbal, and/or email)
- maintain monthly communication with Provincial Leadership Team via the Pyramid Model Coach Team Lead, Evaluation Team and/or Pyramid Model Coordinator (e.g. submission of data, reports, updates)
- maintain collaborative relationship with Master Cadre members and/or Pyramid Model coaches (e.g. community of practice sessions, reflective practice support)
This is a full-time, permanent position, with some evenings and weekends required. Work is out of the Jane Norman College office, Truro NS. Salary Range ($19-$23/hr). Position to start in January/February 2020
Please email a cover letter and a detailed résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be contacted for interview
Deadline: 24 January 2020
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.