Website MacGregors Industrial Group
Quality Control – Fabrication Division
For more than 35 years, MacGregors Industrial Group has been a leading provider of machining and metal fabrication solutions to the manufacturing, energy, mining, forestry and construction industries. Our goal is to add value and build trust with our clients.
Located in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, our markets reach throughout North America and into export markets.
The opportunity: Fabrication Quality Control Inspector
Continued growth and expansion have resulted in the need for a full-time Quality Control position for MacGregors Fabrication Division. The Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for the Quality Control of all projects completed in the Fabrication Division. He/she will be responsible to ensure all employees and project are completed with established regulations, policies and procedures.
A minimum CWB Level 1 Welding Inspector Certification is required. All further certifications will be considered an asset.
- To maintain quality standards by approving incoming material, in process production, finished products and outgoing shipments while recording quality results.
- To review all projects drawings released by the Estimation and Drafting Departments prior to release to production. This will include the implementation of an Inspection Test Plan which will need to be followed by Production.
- Responsible for ongoing development and continuous improvement of MacGregors QA/QC process.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Verify incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests ensuring unacceptable materials are rejected and quarantined.
- Monitoring the daily work flow by verifying steps of the production process, observing control points, equipment used as well monitoring personnel qualifications, equipment parameters and CWB Procedures.
- Approve production processes by confirming specifications; conducting visual tests and measurement tests.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs as required as well summarizing rework and material waste.
- The creation, tracking and closing of NCR’s (Non-Conformance reports) to aid the tracking of material wastes and rework.
- Consistently monitor and modify MacGregors ITP (Inspection Test Plan) and ITP Project Log to ensure all projects are controlled as per MacGregors Quality Standards.
- Verify and document the conformance of all outgoing shipments by conducting visual tests, quantity counts and customer required documentation.
- Monitor the coordination of projects between the Fabrication and Machining Divisions as required.
- Monitor, maintain and document MacGregors CWB welding certificate requirements and Welding Procedure Specifications. This will include the scheduling of all testing through CWB, monitoring all testing results and storing updated copies of all certificates on the company Intranet.
- Monitor, maintain and document the functionality of all MacGregors welding equipment and consumables.
- Work in a manner that is consistent with the organizations stated values.
- Develop productive working relationships with other key personnel.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Understand, promote and use the current ISO system.
- Familiar CWB standards.
- Familiar with specialty coatings and materials required for use in the machining field.
- Available to work 40+ hours per week.
Key Skills, Capabilities and Experience
- Good understanding of the Metal Fabrication processes and off-site installations.
- Able to work under pressure to a specific timeline.
- Strong communication skills will be required to regularly liaise with both customers and colleagues.
- Work together as part of a team.
- Great attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and any other relevant industry software.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in metal fabrication QA/QC.
Hours & Benefits
40+ hours per week with medical benefits, dental benefits, group insurance benefits, safety footwear allowance, pension plan and vision care benefits. MacGregor’s offers flexible vacation scheduling as well as 10 paid holidays per year.
Hourly wage to be determined based on skill and ability.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates with the required skills and experience will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.