Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Under the direction of an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist, the Rehabilitation Assistant will be responsible for the provision of client care on an individual and group basis, as well as responsible for departmental maintenance, including organizing and purchasing supplies, general housekeeping duties, and other related non-client care duties.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Occupational Therapy Assistant and Physiotherapy Assistant Course
- Minimum of Grade 12 education
- Current CPR Certification
- Ability to utilize a variety of tools within the environment in order to promote functional independence
- Experience in the area of group facilitation and participation skills
* Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner with strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to be self-directed and carry out work with minimal supervision
* Ability to communicate effectively with people with a wide variety of disabilities
* Computer literacy
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Travel to various sites may be required
- Good attendance and work record.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
- Permanent, full-time position; 75 hours biweekly
$24.3233 – $26.0239 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentations such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on timeliness of delivering the above.
This is a Healthcare bargaining unit – CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for Unionized positions.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are: Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.