Website Northern Region Respite Services
***Please read instructions below on how to apply.***
Northern Region Respite Services is looking to recruit respite workers for the Antigonish, Pictou, Colchester, East Hants and Elmsdale areas.
The Respite Supports and Navigation Services Database connects families in the Northern Region needing respite with trained and qualified respite workers in their area. This database supports individuals of all ages and diverse abilities. In addition to providing trained respite workers, the Database connects families to respite resources such as community supports, recreation and leisure programs, and funding information.
Respite Workers are hired by families and are not employed by Northern Region Respite Services. Responsibilities are determined by the family, depending on the needs of the individual (i.e. requests the respite worker to focus on community integration and social interaction).
The Respite Worker is responsible for the following:
- Providing in-home respite care or out of home care, depending on the needs of the family and of the individual requiring respite
- Experience working with individuals living with disabilities an asset
- Outgoing, sociable, and willing to take initiative an asset
- Compassionate, trustworthy, patient, and reliable an asset
- First Aid Certification, Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Three Reference Checks
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable vehicle
If you are interested in applying please visit respiteservices.com, select “Nova Scotia” and then “Northern Region” and select “Online Worker Registration” to fill out a worker application and attach your resume.
Contact: Amanda Smith-Robinson, Respite Coordinator for Northern Region Respite Services if you require more information: email@example.com