Website Advocate Printing and Publishing
Sales & Marketing Advisor
Metro Guide Publishing – Halifax, NS
Join a culture of communities, as we continue to grow
Are you passionate about helping our customers experience growth and making a difference?
If so, our environment will allow you to grow, be supported by peers who inspire you and make you smile when you walk in the door. Metro Guide is searching for an enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing Sales & Marketing Advisor to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will help support the growth of our Atlantic Canada publications and help our clients meet their needs through advertising in one or more of many media products and services. You will have your own client base which you can grow as high as you can take it. Every Sales & Marketing Advisor has the potential to have an impact on customer success – and when customers succeed, we all do.
Where are we located?
Our Halifax office is in a vibrant and thriving location and only two blocks from the Hydrostone, an area with green space and close to shops and transit.
Who are we and what do we do?
At Metro Guide, a division of Advocate Printing and Publishing Company, we are committed to enhancing our economy and communities through better communication. To make this world a better place for ourselves, and our children, we pursue economic growth, social progress and environment protection in a sustainable manner and support various organizations through funding and participation.
How does a publishing and print company from a small Maritime town become a major force in the Atlantic Canadian communications industry and a hands down favorite with clients?
Roots • Work Ethic • Ability • Diversity • Desire
What does this mean for you?
For you, that means an opportunity to join our family and enjoy benefits that work, some of which are, flexible work / life balance, health and pension plans, and participating in exciting community events.
We are offering bold and target driven team members a competitive base plus commission structure along with the opportunity to achieve bonuses.
• Great communicator
• Problem solver
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Customer Service oriented
• Passionate about Atlantic Canada
• Previous sales/account management experience being responsible for budget and sales targets.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, problem-solving and presentation skills
• Be familiar with the local business climate
• Superior organizational skills
• Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Committed to positive business results
• An enthusiastic and positive approach to consultative selling
• A university degree or equivalent working experience
• The ability to build and maintain excellent employee and customer relationships.
• Creative thinker with goal-oriented attitude to achieve results personally and through others.
• Must possess own transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must travel occasionally.
In addition to the Halifax location, Advocate produces nine community newspapers, it has a flyer distribution company, a commercial photography studio, a creative design studio and printing plants Stellarton, NS; Bridgewater, NS; Dieppe, NB and St. Croix Printing and Publishing in St. Stephen, NB.
All applications will be gratefully accepted however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Send your resume in confidence to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.