Working in partnership with the Nova Scotia Health Authority and St. Francis Xavier University, the SANE Program provides specialized, comprehensive medical care to survivors of sexual assault. It operates out of the Antigonish Women’s Resource Centre and Sexual Assault Services Association, an independent, feminist, community-based organization that provides direct services, counselling, advocacy and programs for survivors of sexual violence.
The SANE Program Manager is responsible for the day-to day program operation, case management, staff recruitment, training and continuing professional development, engaging and liaising with community stakeholders and agencies, organizing and providing community education about sexual assault and the SANE Program, continuous quality improvement, and ongoing program evaluation and research activities.
- 5 years of professional nursing experience
- Eligible for licensing in the province of Nova Scotia
- Demonstrated management, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Experience in working with community
- Demonstrated ability to work from a sexual assault survivor-centred approach and analysis
- Training and facilitation skills
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational, communication and judgement skills
- The successful candidate must have community-based SANE training or willingness to obtain
This is a 35 hour per week position for a term of at least 18 months, with the possibility of the position becoming permanent.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume by May 22, 2020. Please apply to Wyanne Sandler at email@example.com
The AWRCSASA is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination and that values diversity. We strive to have a staff that is representative of the people and communities we serve. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of sexual minority groups. Members of such equity groups are encouraged to self-identify on their application cover letter or resume.
We appreciate all expressions of interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.