Website Commissionaires NS
Enjoy the rewards of working with Commissionaires. Work alongside experienced people in diverse and interesting job opportunities.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health, drug, and dental benefits
- Life and accident insurance
- Paid personal time off, in addition to vacation leave
- Free uniforms and equipment
- Free high-quality formal and on-job training
- Education assistance funds and family scholarship programs
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
Position: Security Officer
Competition Number: CNS 800-09-10
Location: Various locations throughout HRM and Nova Scotia
Working Hours: Rotating 8 to 12-hour shifts, various hours, and days of the week, full-time, part-time and seasonal
Duties & Responsibilities
While duties vary by assignment, the duties and responsibilities in this security-related role may include, but are not limited to:
- The security and safety of people, property, and information
- On-foot perimeter and search patrols, inside and out-of-doors
- Alarm and security system monitoring and response
- Ensuring the health and safety of self and others in the workplace
- Adherence to CNS’ health, safety, environmental and quality policies and systems and practices
- Adherence to CNS’ Policies, Site Work Instructions, and Site Supervisor’s direction
- Functions include patrolling, reception and administration, reporting, emergency management and access control
- Able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance
- Grade 10 or above
- 19+ years old
READY TO JOIN US?
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Commissionaires are asked to submit their CNS Employee ID # along with competition number with their application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires is Canada’s premier security provider: for more than 90 years, we have protected people and property across Canada. Commissionaires is a federation of private, not-for-profit Canadian companies with the highest retention rate in the industry, currently employing more than 22,000 people nationally.
Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS) is an independent member of the federation that is dedicated to providing meaningful employment opportunities to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, and appropriately qualified others who want to contribute to the safety and security of Canadians. With 1,500 employees across the province, we serve government and the private sector in a wide range of roles.
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.