Website Stones RV
Job Position: Service Writer
Reports To: Service Manager
Coordinate the appointment activities of the service technicians and laborer’s within the department. Assist the service manager in maximizing the productivity, efficiency and income of the service department while ensuring all customers are served in a prompt and professional manner.
Service Writer Responsibilities
- 1st point of contact for the customer to schedule work.
- To document all customer repair needs on a service repair order.
- To compute customer billings and warranty billings; gain customer prior approval for requested and add-on service requirements
- To coordinate shop service scheduling to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- To notify and coordinate customer drop offs and pickups.
- To make sure all billings are collected using company policies.
- Ensure ALL work performed on ALL work orders are properly documented.
- To be available and assist with technical problems that is causing workers to lose productivity.
- To inspect for quality work and cleanliness.
- Consistently provide “ON TIME DELIVERIES” of repaired / sold Recreational Vehicles.
- Monitor Technicians Billable Hours and determine reasons for not meeting established timelines for completion.
- Assign work activities, based on work priority and tech skill sets – ensuring the best fit for maximum productivity.
- Fully responsible for monitoring the performance of the Mobile Technician including supervision, scheduling, $$ earned, etc.
- Ensure all work orders are opened and closed promptly
- Conducts a thorough examination of the RV to be repaired and provides estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, and outside contractors. Record flat rate times on ALL Work Orders
- Recommends measures to improve service scheduling, productivity, efficiency and overall profitability.
- Ensure all incoming RV’s are accounted for and scheduled in for inspection / repairs.
Service Writer Advisor Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer service
- Problem solving
- Quality focus
- Efficiency Driven
- Product knowledge
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience
- 2-plus years of experience in a service advisor role strongly preferred
- Experience or certification within the RV Industry is a bonus
- Computer and point-of-sale proficiency
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Please Forward All Resume’s to Alan Sims at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.